Search This Blog

Saturday 17 November 2012

Some of the vitamins and supplements I have used and why!

Hey guys.  A lot of people often ask me what I am on and what I have used.  Here is a list of a few of the things I have used.  Keep in mind guys my article on knowing your products and make sure you run any of these things by your doctor prior to use.  They are mostly everyday vitamins but some can react poorly with certain people.

Cinnamon-  this is simply cinnamon in pill form.  What cinnamon does is slow down the digestion of your food, and the speed at which your food passes through your large intestine.  It is a great way to cut weight by lowering the insulin spike that comes from simple sugars.  To sum it up, if you are going to eat something bad when you shouldn't, try one of these prior to your meal (avoid within an hour of post workout).  I buy them in pill for the simple reason of, have you ever witnessed the cinnamon challenge? A spoonful of cinnamon sucks, but feel free to sprinkle it on anything!

Calcium combined with Vitamin D-  Calcium is just an incredible nutrient that I never want to be low on.  Not only does it aid in bone development, it is a key contributor to muscle contraction and repair. I have two types of vitamin d (just different serving sizes) and I use them prior to going to bed and when I wake up.  By taking vitamin d with cholesterol prior to bed, you increase the amount of testosterone that is created while you sleep, thus giving you an easy testosterone boost!

Mega Men Sport Vitamin-  There are countless nutrients you need to function properly physiologically and I find mega men the best mix of nutrients for it's price.  It is a great product that has many different versions for athletes, as well as women and men over 50.  This is the only supplement I buy at GNC as only they offer it.

Co Enzyme Q10-  This is one of the best antioxidants you can have.  What it does is destroys those free radical cells in your body that lead to the breakdown of your body and aging.  A great one for those who would like to live young for a long time.

Omega 3 fats-  These are essential fish oils and fats that your body needs to stay healthy.  They aid in nutrient uptake as well as keeping joints pain free.  I always recommend fish oils in the morning, and it can make a big difference in how you feel for the rest of the day, physically and mentally.

Glucosamine- This is an awesome natural substance that can be used for anyone with joint pain.  Glucosamine helps aid in the recovery of joint pain and injuries and helps rebuild cartilage.  For anyone who has a prior life of being an athlete and who maintains a healthy lifestyle I always recommend glucosamine.  It also does a great job with those who are aging with lower body joint pain and helped a great deal with a client of mine for her knee pain.


            That brings to an end my day to day vitamins and supplements and brings us to the products in the background I use for the gym.

Glutamine- This is one I do recommend to everyone who is physically active.  Glutamine (not to be confused with glucosamine above) is one major BCAA (branched chain amino acid).  What BCAAs do is aid in recovery and muscle building.  Better yet, glutamine is the primary one, and about 70% of skeletal muscle is built from glutamine.  It is naturally occurring in your body but can be as low as 50% of its original concentration after a workout.  You should take glutamine everyday and I take mine prior and during my workouts to achieve the best affects.  I buy flavorless powder and add it to anything like G2 during workouts or pre-workouts.

Swollen by Nutribolic-  Swollen is a pre-workout offered by a company out of western Canada.  It for me is the best pre-workout for me as it does not have any nitric oxide (NO) in it.  If you can recall NO expands blood vessels and leads to increases in blood flow which makes me feel to light headed and spacey at the gym.  Many people like it, I just prefer not to use it.  I find Swollen gives me a great pump feel and has substances to aid in blood flow and muscle growth inside it.  Additionally it does have a bit of caffeine that isn't enough to put your head in the clouds.

Tribulus by Allmax- Trib is a natural herb and it boosts testosterone levels.  The Allmax product I always recommend as it has been shown to be almost twice as affective as some other trib products on the market. Keep in mind this just helps your body boost it's own testosterone production and does not put any additional testosterone in the body and therefore is not an anabolic.  This is perfectly legal and I find it just helps me bulk up and has it's additional benefits in it's libio affects as a bonus.  I do however don't feel many people under the age of 21 needs to use something like trib as your test levels are still fairly elevated, as I am sure all you can all see at any nightclub.  One great stack for trib is to take it with standard creatine monohydrate for putting on quick size.


All of these products are completely legal and approved and can be purchased over the counter at many local stores.  

Hope that helps answer any questions and feel free to email or comment if you have any further questions!

Cheers!

Ryan Trueman
Ryan.Trueman@dal.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment