Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Welcome to My Blog!

   Hey guys,

So here it is, after many requests, I am going to start a blog.  First off here is who I am,

        My name is Ryan Trueman and I was born on the east coast of Canada.  I was born (surprisingly to most) a very fat kid with extremely bad asthma.  My asthma was so severe I spent most of my holidays in the hospital until around age 4.  I was not a huge fan of spending all my time in the hospital and laying low so I ran around and was active anyway, yada yada yada, I have it under control kind of.  Anyhow, I grew up playing a variety of sports with my main focuses being in Canoe Kayak, Hockey, Soccer and Badminton.


           I have since coached in 3/4 of these sports and ended up with a variety of national level paddlers, elite level hockey players and countless championship high school teams. I completed my undergrad at Dalhousie University in Halifax Nova Scotia, where I gained my BSc in Kinesiology.  During this time I was the head coach at Abenaki Aquatic Club (An awesome staff with me and great kids) where we hosted the most impressive showing at nationals since 1993.  I then made a move to MicMac Aquatic Club where I was the assistant coach under a very impressive program that has made huge changes in improvement and now houses some of the most impressive young paddling talent in the country (credit to plenty more than me, just a team I am proud I was a part of).  Additionally to working at these clubs, I became a personal trainer at a government run family complex in my local town.  It is here I realized and developed my love for personal training.  I really enjoyed training not just for the job and making money, but I was able to use my knowledge and countless hours studying sources to not only train others but to train myself and friends. Since graduating from Dalhousie and obtaining my Kinesiology degree, I have continued to train, coach and work as a kinesiologist for a physio clinic.



      After reading through countless books and talking to people I trust about their views and concepts, I have pieced together some interesting concepts and tricks that aid with being healthy and staying in shape.  I normally would upload these to facebook to try and share with everyone the science and physiology behind the weight room and how to optimize your time away from the gym but since I started doing this, many people have asked me to start a blog. I shrugged it off and for a while and just assumed those telling me to start a blog appreciated what I was posting on facebook etc. but would not really care to read about it all the time.


    All I can say is this will be a post of me simply speaking my mind and showing ideas about life. It will be informal and often times raw as I will try and blog how I would tell you in person.  If there is any questions or concepts you want more information on do not hesitate to ask or message me further.  My email will be posted at the end of each blog for you to contact me.  Hope these can help some people out.  And remember, some people may not like what I have to say because often times the concept of "health" and the science behind it has many different views and arguments   I am simply trying to help by speaking my concepts and taking everything I have learned and am still learning and applying it to real life situations like the importance of our bodies and our health. I am not always going to point everything out for every argument, so if you disagree do not get all bent out of shape.  So there it is.  Lets try this out.

Ryan Trueman, BSc
Ryan.Trueman@dal.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment